History Of Pond Run Baptist Church
Shirley Fulkerson Barnes.
According to a history of Pond Run Baptist Church 1820-1920, written by A. H. Ross,
the church was established August 1, 1820 by Benjamin Talbert And Phillip Warden.
The names listed in this early history were James Blevins, Jane Blevins, Betsey
Brown, George Coleman, Martin Coleman, John Fulkerson, Phillip Fulkerson, Susan
Fulkerson, Elizabeth Robertson, Jane Robertson, Phillip Robertson, Elizabeth
Spence, John Spence, Betsey Williams, Edward Williams, John Williams, Nancy
Williams, Polly Williams, Rachel Williams, Sarah Williams, and Stephen Williams.
Many people in our community today can find one or more of these names in their
At first the church members met at homes. The first pastor was Rev. Benjamin
Talbert. The first recorded church building was a log structure located near
the present-day church. The building used today for worship was built by Talbert
Robertson in 1856. Over the years many changes, additions and improvements have
For one hundred eighty-seven years Pond Run Baptist Church has been a source of
strength and comfort. A place to fellowship, a place to do God's work, and always
a place to sing praises to our Lord for all His many blessings.